The spring clinic is back this year! This free 10-week training program is for EVERYONE – all ages and abilities – to learn to run or walk for exercise.
WHERE: Clinics will meet twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:45 PM at the Transportation Depot, 100 Broadway, corner of Market Street and Broadway.
WHEN: The first clinic session will be Tuesday, March 1st at 5:45 PM. The last clinic session will be Thursday, May 5th. There will be a graduation 5K on the last night of clinic, Thursday, May 5th.
- Walker Group A – Your goal is to train to walk up to 3.1 miles, and/or learn to walk longer and at a faster pace.
- Walker Group B – Your goal is to train to walk up to 3.1 miles using alternating slow-fast intervals. The duration of the fast walking intervals will increase weekly, improving your pace. Your training time will increase to 45-50 minutes in the last few weeks of the clinic.
- Beginning Runner Group – Your goal is to train to run/walk up to 3.1 miles. You are not running any or very little and want to complete a 5K.
- Intermediate Runner – Your goal is to train to run consistently up to 3.1 miles. You currently run at least 4 minutes before taking a brief walk break, and you are able to do these intervals for up to 30 minutes total.
- Advanced Runner – Your goal is to run longer distances and at a faster pace. You are currently running approximately 3 miles and have possibly run some 5K or 10K races. You want to increase your speed and run for longer distances.
Volunteer leaders are needed also!